“There is a massive skills gap where developers and data engineers are struggling to implement big data and machine learning to drive greater business insight,” said Ashley Stirrup, CMO at Talend. “Hand-coding big data integrations often results in inefficiencies when moving to production, such as high maintenance costs, manual integration tasks and re-implementation of machine learning algorithms. With Talend Big Data and Machine Learning Sandbox, teams can get up and running with machine learning in minutes and make the transition from pilot to production more quickly.”
Four pre-built machine learning proofs of concept are included in a step-by-step ‘cookbook
with the Talend Big Data and Machine Learning Sandbox. Developers and data engineers can quickly get started with a fully configured, drag-and-drop Spark processing environment and uncover business insights using Talend’s out-of-the-box scenarios, including:
- Recommendation Engine – Automate a next-best-movie offer using machine learning
- Real-Time Risk Assessment Engine – Mitigate risk with real-time loan prediction
- IoT Predictive Maintenance – Optimise performance and lifecycle of vending machines using sensor data
- Data Warehouse Optimisation – Offload data processing to Spark for faster and deeper insight, at a lower cost
In addition to the machine learning practical examples, the Talend Big Data and Machine Learning Sandbox provides a free trial of Talend’s award winning real-time big data platform with:
- 900+ drag-and-drop components including Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark Machine Learning Library (MLlib), Kafka, NoSQL, AWS, Azure, Google, Salesforce and more
- Out-of-the-box machine learning components for: Classification, Clustering, Recommendation and Regression
- Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR big data platforms in a ready-to-run Docker virtual environment
This new sandbox allows IT professionals to work smarter with machine learning and data integration and easily operationalize machine learning models created by data science teams. With a Talend subscription, customers will have the ultimate portability to run sandbox projects in private cloud, multi-cloud (AWS, Google, Azure), hybrid, Talend Cloud or on-premise environments.
Talend will showcase its new machine learning sandbox at its booth # 1321 during the Strata Data Conference held at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City, Sept. 11-13. More information on the Talend Big Data and Machine Learning Sandbox. Details on Talend’s entire portfolio of solutions are available at www.talend.com.
Talend (Nasdaq: TLND), a leader in cloud integration solutions, liberates data from legacy infrastructure and puts more of the right data to work for your business, faster. Talend Cloud delivers a single platform for data integration across public, private, and hybrid cloud, as well as on-premises environments, and enables greater collaboration between IT and business teams. Combined with an open, native, and extensible architecture for rapidly embracing market innovations, Talend allows you to cost-effectively meet the demands of ever-increasing data volumes, users, and use cases.
Over 1,500 global enterprise customers have chosen Talend to put their data to work including GE, HP Inc., and Domino’s. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld, and SD Times. For more information, please visit www.talend.com and follow us on Twitter: @Talend.